A Rainbow of Colors
Mexico Vacations have been with me for eternity. Since I arrived in
Mexico at age 15, many years ago for a short visit and later settled for a year
and met the love of my life, we have been going back to Mexico several times a
year for many, many years.
Mexico Map showing important cities and regions
Mexico is an amazing country
The landscapes are outstanding; Mexico
has beaches on both ocean and attracts tourists by the millions, not only from
the neighbors on the north, USA and Canada, but from the whole world. You may
find a direct flight to Mexico City, Acapulco or Cancun from practically every
important city in Europe and South America, and even from Asia.
Please visit our page on Mexico Beaches
Please Click here to Share your Story
Typical Mariachi will delight you wherever you go
To write about Mexico you need so much space that I am going to divide
it by regions.
But Mexico is not just beaches. Mexico is big cities, colorful small towns,
volcanoes, forests and health resorts, all accompanied by the music of
Mariachis and the Mexican Food loved by everybody in the Planet.
La Quebrada in Acapulco Mexico
- La Quebrada – The cliff divers at La Quebrada is one of Acapulco’s main
attractions and the spectacular sunsets.
- Barra Vieja Beach – Is a popular small beach
- Capilla de la Paz – This Chapel of Peace is known for its 130 foot
- Sinfonia – A building that once was a meeting place for the city's high
society, now hosts a variety of concerts.
- CiCi Acapulco Magico – This is a water park very popular among
- Playas Caleta y Caletilla – Two of the most known beaches in town. They
are relatively quiet.
Isla de la Roqueta in Acapulco Bay
- Isla La Roqueta – You may reach this small island with a glass boat. It
has very nice beaches and a restaurant.
- El Fuerte de San Diego – This an old Spanish Fortress turned into a
- Centro Cultural de Acapulco – This is Acapulco’s art center, rotating
exhibits for the benefit of tourists.
- Bahia de Puerto Marques – This is a picturesque bay great for swimming
and wáter sports.
- Tres Vidas – This is a golf course, one of the best in Acapulco.
- Playa Revolcadero – It is one of Acapulco's best beaches and home to
many luxury hotels.
- Old Acapulco – The old area of Acapulco, remains unchanged for decades.
- Playa Condesa – This is one of the most famous beaches on Acapulco.
- Acapulco Botanical Garden – The Jardin Botanico de Acapulco is a
peaceful and charming place.
Gorgeous Waterfalls in Chiapas Mexico
- San Cristobal de las Casas
- Palenque attractions – Chiapas
- Tuxtla Gutierrez attractions - Chiapas
- Chiapa de Corzo attractions - Chiapas
- Comitan attractions - Chiapas
Beautiful Cuernavaca in the State of Morelos Mexico
- Archaeological Zone of Xochicalco – The oldest known fortress in Middle
- Robert Brady Museum – This museum is located on Casa de la Torre with a
collection of decorative arts.
- Palacio de Cortes _ This fort once served as home to Hernan Cortes and
features some Diego Rivera frescos.
- Catedral de la Asuncion – The Cathedral of the Asencion is considere
done of the oldest in the Americas.
- Cuernavaca Country Club – Visitors may use this fabulous gold course
for a fee.
For more information visit Mexico Official tourism website
Museo de Cuauhnahuac in Cuernavaca Mexico
- Museo de Cuauhnahuac – This Cuernavaca Museum has exhibits on
pre-Columbian and indigenous culture.
- Plaza de la Constitucion – This is the heart and soul of town with
vendors and bands playing Mexican Music.
- Borda Gardens – These large gardens dating from the 18th
Century were visited by Emperor Maximillian.
- Jardin Botanico y Museo de Medicina Tradicional y Herbolaria. It is a museum
of herbal and traditional medicine.
The renowned Teatro Degollado in Guadalajara Jalisco
- Teatro Degollado – It is a great old theater, fully refurbished in
central Guadalajara offering concerts and plays.
- My Ego Spa a new concept in spas for men and women who want to restore
their bodies after a day of stress.
- Palacio de Gobierno – This 18th Century building contains
many murals of famous painter Jose Clemente Orozco.
- Bosque de la Primavera - Forest of the Spring is great for hiking and
- Instituto Cultural Cabañas – Built as an orphanage in the early 19th
century, features a murals by Orozco
- Zoologico Guadalajara – Located in a ravine, this zoo features about
The new cable car in the Guadalajara Zoo
- Parque Chapalita – A local park full of local artists selling their art
at attractive prices.
- Expo Guadalajara – This massive Covention center holds many Latin
American events year round.
- La Rojena - Jose Cuervo Distillery home of famous Tequila.
- Museo Regional de Ceramica de Tlaquepaque – It features modern day and
historic ceramic pieces.
El Parian in Guadalajara Mexico
- El Parian – This the center square of Tlaquepaque. It is also a center
of Tapatian Music or music from Jalisco.
- Regional Museum of Guadalajara – This museum documents the history of
- El Trompo Magico - The Magic Top is a lovely chidren’s museum.
- Plaza Tapatia – This a seven block plaza full of stores and people.
Palacio de Bellas Artes in Mexico City
Mexico City Tourism
- National Museum of Anthropology – This is the most extensive of his
kind in the world. A real must…
- Palacio de Bellas Artes – This historic marble building is the city’s
top performance hall and art museum.
- National Palace – The Palacio Nacional includes a famous panoramic
mural of Mexican History by Diego Rivera
- Catedral Metropolitana – This is the largest and oldest Cathedral in
- Ballet Folklorico de Mexico _ Besides the Bellas Artes Palace, it
performs in other venues of Mexico City.
Zocalo of Mexico City one of the world's largest squares
- The Zocalo in the historic center is one of the largest plazas of the
world and the city’s # 1 attraction.
- Chapultepec Park – This 1,600 acres park is very popular with families
- Museo Mural Diego Rivera – It features Rivera’s most famous mural "Dream
of a Sunday afternoon in the Alameda".
- Central University City Campus – Better known as the UNAM or
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico.
- Xochimilco – This is a lake where families rent a Chalupa and are taken
around while enjoying music and food.
Castillo de Chapultepec in Mexico City
- Castillo de Chapultepec – This 18th Century Palace served as
home to Mexican Presidents until 1939
- Cuicuilco – This is an ancient archaeological site dating back to 500
- Parque Zoologico de Chapultepec – Open since 1920 is a lovely zoo
famous for its Russian Pandas.
- San Angel – This is a neighborhood known for its narrow cobblestone
Veracruz is Mexico's most important port in the Gulf of Mexico
In the following pages we write about
and many more Mexican cities and Regions where to spend your
well deserved Mexico Vacations.
images for mexico vacations
mexico acapulco quebrada jacalyn engler
mexico city n/a
mexicobellas artes new balderai
mexico xochimilco clinker
mexico degollado christian fausto bernal
all courtesy of wikimedia commons
From Mexico Vacations go to Cancun Tourism
Go to Cozumel Mexico
Go to Guadalajara Jalisco
Go to Oaxaca Tourism
Go to Mexico Food
Go to Tuchman Travel Guide Home Page
Copyright Tuchman Travel Guide 2012 - 2017