Welcome to a virtual Greek Island Vacations. Just hearing the name means a dream to so many people. We have been fortunate to have visited many of the islands several times during the years, and always fell in love again and again.
The Greek Island of Zakynthos on the Ionian Sea
Located on the Aegean and Ionian Seas
There are a few thousand islands and islets in the Aegean and Ionian Sea. About 200 are inhabited. Some of the islands are well known and attract visitors from all over the world year round. The weather is fair with hot summers and cool winters.
The Greek islands are divided geographically by groups and they are an integral part of Greece, pioneer of all civilizations and with a rich history with no comparison elsewhere.
Map of the Greek Islands by regions
• Argo Saronic Islands are the closest to Athens the Capital and can be visited on a One Day Cruise, or by staying a few days in each one. They are Aegina, Angistri, Poros, Hydra, Salamina and Spetses
• Cyclades Islands are Amorgos, Andros, Folegandros, Ios, Kea, Kythnos, Milos, Mykonos, Naxos, Paros and Antiparos, Santorini, Sifnos, Serifos, Sikinos, Syros and Tinos.
• Northern Aegean Islands are Chios, Ikaria, Limnos, Lesvos, Samos, Samothraki and Thassos
• Sporades Islands are Alonissos, Skiathos, Skopelos, Skyros
• Dodecanese Greek Islands are Astypalia, Halki, Kalymnos, Karpathos, Kassos, Kastellorizo, Kos, Leros, Nisyros, Patmos, Rhodes, Symi and Tilos
• Ionian Islands are Corfu (Kerkyra), Ithaki, Kefalonia, Kythera, Lefkada, Paxos, Zakynthos
• Other Islands are Crete, Evia (Euboea) and Elafonissos. Crete Beaches are outstanding.
In the following pages I will give you as much information as possible about the Greek Islands, things to do in Santorini, Travel to Rhodes, Greek Family vacations.
So let us start the tour of one of the places people dream about, the Greek Islands. The history is incredible, the views awe inspiring, the beaches are sandy and surrounded by crystal clear waters.
• Where to go
This region is ideal for Island Hopping. We provide you with a list of Greek Islands. Some of the islands are very cosmopolitan and offer accommodation for every budget, from the inexpensive guest house to the most luxurious Resort.
Ancient ruins on the Island of Kos
I want to share with you:
• Best Greek Beaches
Rhodes Beaches are among the most beautiful of the Islands same as Santorini Beaches or Crete Beaches. Let the white powdered sand caress your feet as you walk through the exotic beaches and then relax under an umbrella sipping your Ouzo.
• Romantic Getaways
Let the Islands be your secret getaway, where lovers concentrate on each other and forget from the mundane world they left behind.
• Honeymoon destinations
What a better place than the Greek Islands to spend your Honeymoon, the most important time of your lives.
• All Inclusive Vacations
Affordable guest houses, Luxury Beach Resorts and Greek Islands Villas.
For more information visit Greece Tourism Office
The Island of Corfu on the Ionian Sea a heaven for your
Greek Island Vacations
• Greek Family Vacations
The classic place for family vacations. Bring your children and teenagers. You’ll find an assortment of ideas on how to keep them busy, and leave some “free” time for Mom and Dad.
• Cruising the Aegean
Take one of the popular three and four day cruises and enjoy not only the cruise atmosphere but also your stops on the beautiful islands
I hope you will enjoy these virtual Greek Island Vacations.
Image Credits for greek island vacations:
mykonos windmill by heiko gorski
zakynthos by el greco
corfu town by myself
All courtesy of Wikimedia Commons
Copyright Tuchman Travel Guide 2012 - 2018