A Rainbow of Colors
Mexico Vacations have been with me for eternity. Since I
arrived in Mexico at age 15, many years ago for a short visit and later settled
for a year and met the love of my life, we have been going back to Mexico several
times a year for many, many years.
To write about Mexico you need so much space that I am going
to divide it by regions.
But Mexico is not just beaches. Mexico is big cities,
colorful small towns, volcanoes, forests and health resorts, all accompanied by
the music of Mariachis and the Mexican Food loved by everybody in the Planet.
Enjoy a typical Mariachi Band all over Mexico
Mexico is an amazing country
The landscapes are outstanding; Mexico has beaches on both
ocean and attracts tourists by the millions, not only from the neighbors on the
north, USA and Canada, but from the whole world. You may find a direct flight
to Mexico City, Acapulco or Cancun from practically every important city in
Europe and South America, and even from Asia.
Please visit our page on Mexico Beaches
La Quebrada in Acapulco in the State of Guerrero
- La Quebrada – The cliff divers at La Quebrada is one of
Acapulco’s main attractions and the spectacular sunsets.
- Barra Vieja Beach – Is a popular small beach
- Capilla de la Paz – This Chapel of Peace is known for its
130 foot cross
- Sinfonia – A building that once was a meeting place for the
city's high society, now hosts a variety of concerts.
- CiCi Acapulco Magico – This is a water park very popular
- Playas Caleta y Caletilla – Two of the most known beaches in
town. They are relatively
While in Acapulco visit La Roqueta Island
- Isla La Roqueta – You may reach this small island with a glass boat. It has very nice beaches and a restaurant.
- El Fuerte de San Diego – This an old Spanish Fortress turned into a museum
- Centro Cultural de Acapulco – This is Acapulco’s art center, rotating exhibits for the benefit of tourists.
- Bahia de Puerto Marques – This is a picturesque bay great for swimming and wáter sports.
- Tres Vidas – This is a golf course, one of the best in Acapulco.
- Playa Revolcadero – It is one of Acapulco's best beaches and home to many luxury hotels.
- Old Acapulco – The old area of Acapulco, remains unchanged for decades.
- Playa Condesa – This is one of the most famous beaches on Acapulco.
- Acapulco Botanical Garden – The Jardin Botanico de Acapulco is a peaceful and charming place.
La Cascada Azul in the State of Chiapas
Cristobal de las Casas
- Palenque attractions – Chiapas
- Tuxtla Gutierrez attractions - Chiapas
- Chiapa de Corzo attractions - Chiapas
- Comitan attractions - Chiapas
Jardin Juarez in Cuernavaca in the State of Morelos
- Archaeological Zone of Xochicalco – The oldest known
fortress in Middle America
- Robert Brady Museum – This museum is located on Casa de la
Torre with a collection of decorative arts.
- Palacio de Cortes _ This fort once served as home to Hernan
Cortes and features some Diego Rivera frescos.
- Catedral de la Asuncion – The Cathedral of the Asencion is
considere done of the oldest in the Americas.
- Cuernavaca Country Club – Visitors may use this fabulous
gold course for a fee.
- Museo de Cuauhnahuac – This Cuernavaca Museum has exhibits
on pre-Columbian and indigenous culture.
- Plaza de la Constitucion – This is the heart and soul of
town with vendors and bands playing Mexican Music.
- Borda Gardens – These large gardens dating from the 18th
Century were visited by Emperor Maximillian.
Botanico y Museo de Medicina Tradicional y Herbolaria. It is a museum of
herbal and traditional medicine.
Teatro Degollado in Guadalajara Jalisco
- Teatro Degollado – It is a great old theater, fully
refurbished in central Guadalajara offering concerts and plays.
- My Ego Spa a new concept in spas for men and women who want
to restore their bodies after a day of stress.
- Palacio de Gobierno – This 18th Century building contains
many murals of famous painter Jose Clemente Orozco.
- Bosque de la Primavera - Forest of the Spring is great for
hiking and bid watching
- Instituto Cultural Cabañas – Built as an orphanage in the
early 19th century, features a murals by Orozco
- Zoologico Guadalajara – Located in a ravine, this zoo
features about 2,000 animals
- Parque Chapalita – A local park full of local artists
selling their art at attractive prices.
- Expo Guadalajara – This massive Covention center holds many
Latin American events year round.
- La Rojena - Jose Cuervo Distillery home of famous Tequila.
- Museo Regional de Ceramica de Tlaquepaque – It features
modern day and historic ceramic pieces.
- El Parian – This the center square of Tlaquepaque. It is
also a center of Tapatian Music or music from Jalisco.
- Regional Museum of Guadalajara – This museum documents the
history of Western Mexico
- El Trompo Magico - The Magic Top is a lovely chidren’s
- Plaza Tapatia – This a seven-block plaza full of stores and
Renowned Palacio de Bellas Artes in Mexico City
Mexico City Tourism
- National Museum of Anthropology – This is the most extensive
of his kind in the world. A real must…
- Palacio de Bellas Artes – This historic marble building is
the city’s top performance hall and art museum.
- National Palace – The Palacio Nacional includes a famous
panoramic mural of Mexican History by Diego Rivera
- Catedral Metropolitana – This is the largest and oldest
Cathedral in Latin America.
- Ballet Folklorico de Mexico _ Besides the Bellas Artes Palace,
it performs in other venues of Mexico City.
- The Zocalo in the historic center is one of the largest
plazas of the world and the city’s # 1 attraction.
Palacio de Chapultepec in Mexico City
- Chapultepec Park – This 1,600-acre park is very popular with families with children.
- Museo del Templo Mayor
- Museo Mural Diego Rivera – It features Rivera’s most famous mural "Dream of a Sunday afternoon in the Alameda".
- Central University City Campus – Better known as the UNAM or Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico.
- Xochimilco – This is a lake where families rent a Chalupa and are taken around while enjoying music and food.
- Castillo de Chapultepec – This 18th Century Palace served as home to Mexican Presidents until 1939
- Cuicuilco – This is an ancient archaeological site dating back to 500 BC.
- Parque Zoologico de Chapultepec – Open since 1920 is a lovely zoo famous for its Russian Pandas.
- San Angel – This is a neighborhood known for its narrow cobblestone streets.
Temple of Kukulcan in the ruins of Chichen Itza Yucatan Mexico
In the following pages we write about
- Mayan Riviera
and many more Mexican cities and Regions where to spend your
well-deserved Mexico Vacations.
Map of the States of Mexico
For more information visit Mexico Official Tourism Website
images credits for mexico vacations
quebrada by prayitno
roqueta by rosita milner
chiapas by jan harenburg
cuernavaca by thelma datter
degollado by pelencio
bellas artes by jeses
chapultepec by mario feder
chichen itz by stacey mac naught
all courtesy of wikimedia commons
From Mexico Vacations go to Oaxaca Tourism
Go to Cancun Tourism
Go to Capital of Mexico
Go to Cozumel Mexico
Go to Guadalajara Jalisco
Go to Mexican Food
Go to Tuchman Travel Guide Home Page
Copyright Tuchman Travel Guide 2012 - 2018
Site Map About Us Share your Story Blog Contact Us Disclaimer