Museums in Israel
Largest Concentration of Museums in the World
There are more Museums in Israel per capita than any other country
in the world. About 200 museums exist in all parts of the country, including
the major cities and towns and also in Kibbutzim and Moshavim.
Shrine of the Book is home to the legendary Dead Sea Scrolls
- The Israel Museum is the largest and most important art museum in
- Shrine of the Book is the home of legendary Dead Sea Scrolls.
- Bible Lands Museum hosts a large collection of Biblical archeological artifacts.
- Tower of David Museum will deepen your understanding of Jerusalem
- Ticho House, located in the center of the city is a separate
branch of the Israel Museum.
- The Jerusalem Artists' House was the original site of the Betzalel
School of Arts and Crafts.
- Islamic Arts Museum is considered one of the world’s finest
museums of Islamic Art.
- Museum on the Seam presents the events of the past through
multimedia, photography, art exhibits and video, placing emphasis on
co-existence and tolerance.
- The Rockefeller Museum is a branch of the Israel Museum. Its
exhibits are mostly archaeology, but visitors also come to admire the beautiful
- Yad Vashem Museum of the Holocaust
- Menachem Begin Heritage
- Heichal Shlomo Jewish Heritage Museum
- Beit Agnon
- Museum of Underground Prisoners
Tel Aviv Museum of Art
Tel Aviv Museums
- The Tel Aviv Art Museum includes over 20,000 prints and drawings,
as well as paintings and sculpture by recent Israel artists
- The Eretz Israel Museum or Museum of the Land of Israel contains
an entire world of visual, cultural, and historical treasures.
- The Nahum Goldman Museum
of the Jewish Diaspora (Bet Hatefusoth), also known as the Museum of the Jewish
- Independence Hall
- Etzel Museum
- Lehi Beit Yair
- Beith Hatfutsoth
- Beit Hapalmach
Museums in Israel
The Haifa Art Museum
- The Haifa Art Museum has both permanent and temporary exhibits of
modern Israeli and international art.
- The National Maritime
Museum relates the history of Israel as a country bordering the Mediterranean
- The Tikotin Museum of
Japanese Art was created to introduce the Israeli public to Japanese art and
- The Hecht Museum at the
University of Haifa includes archaeological artifacts representing the material
culture of the Land of Israel in ancient time.
- Israel Railway Museum
- Israel Clandestine
Immigration and Naval Museum
- Israel National Museum
of Science and Technology
Ralli Museum in Caesarea
Other Museums in Israel outside the major Israeli Cities
- The Janco Dada Museum is
located in the artists' village of Ein Hod near Haifa.
- Ralli Museum in Caesarea
is one of four museums in the world founded by art collector, Harry Recanati,
whose goal is to support budding contemporary artists.
- The Tefen Industrial
Garden contains an open museum with temporary exhibitions of the work of
- The Museum of Art Ein
Harod possesses a rich collection of Judaica, photographs and graphics.
- Arad Museum of Art
- Negev Museum of Art in
- Ashdod Museum of Art in
- Israeli Air Force Museum
- Holon Children’s Museum
- Yad Lashiryon in Latrun
- Ghetto Fighter’s House
in Lohamei Hagetaot
- Masada Museum in Masada
- Museum of Jewish Art in
- Museum of Russian Art in
- Beit Hatotach in Zichron
For more information visit Israel Official Tourism Website
images for museums in israel
shrine by ian scott
tlv museum by anatoly axelrod
haifa museum by shaila hartner
rally museum by assayas
all courtesy of wikimedia commons
From Museums in Israel go to Israel Tourism
Go to Tuchman Travel Guide Home Page
Site Map About Us Share your Story Blog Contact Us Disclaimer