South Pacific Islands
An Earthly Paradise
There are thousands of South Pacific Islands. Few of them
are world known, but they have one thing in common, they are so amazingly
beautiful that each one of them can run for the contest of the “Most Beautiful Island
of the World”
Please visit our page on South Pacific Beaches
South Pacific Map
Islands of the South Pacific
This is a list of the best-known Islands and an explanation
about the most important from the tourism point of view.
- American Samoa
- Solomon Islands
- Cook Islands
- French Polynesia
- New Caledonia
- Marshall Islands
- Western Samoa
Bora Bora in Tahiti is one of the most beautiful islands of the world
- Tahiti is the main island of the French Polynesia with many
- Tahiti Municipal Market in Papeete – This s bustling market
offering all kinds of local farm products.
- Fautaua Waterfall – It is considered one of the tallest in
the world cascading over volcanic cliffs.
- Point Venus – Located on the tip of the peninsula, it is the
landing place of many including captain Cook.
- Papeete Roulottes – For good shopping in Papeete the capital
- Paul Gauguin Museum – A museum dedicated to his life in
- James Norman Hall Home – It was the home of famous co-author
of Mutiny on the Bounty, James Norman Hall.
- Maraa Grotto – A lake of black water that creates an optical
- Museum of Tahiti and her Islands – Located in Punaauia is an
exhibit of Polynesian history and culture.
- Sibani Perles Joallier – This shop is where your partner
will by many pearls to your satisfaction
- Tomb of King Pomare V in Papeete
South Pacific Islands
Yasawa Island in Fiji
- Viti Levu
- Taveuni Island
- Vanua Levu
- Mana Island
- Mamanuca Islands
- Yasawa Island
- Beachcomber Island
- Qalito Island
- Ovalau Island
Rarotonga is one of the Cook Islands
- Aroa Beach
One of the islands of the Kingdom of Tonga
- Tongatapu is Tonga's main island is the home of the Royal
Family and the capital of Nuku'alofa.
- Eua Island is a wild rugged island ideal for hikers in its
- Vava'u group has numerous offshore islands to explore,
excellent diving and fishing, and whale watching.
- Ha'apai Group, a group of about 50 small atolls is known for
its magnificent coral reefs and snorkeling.
- Beautiful Beaches of magnificent white sands beaches are a
real highlight for the visitor
- Popular caves- There are many caves including Anahulu on
Tongatapu, with its freshwater pool.
Cruising the South Pacific Islands
South Pacific Cruises
South Pacific Cruises offer the possibility of visiting the
islands without ever leaving your Hotel-Ship. To get there you will have to fly
long distances from the USA West coast or from the Asian or Australian
continents. Once there when you board the cruise line, the rest is pure
pleasure and pampering.
A visit to the South Pacific islands is an experience
anybody should have at least once in a lifetime.
For more information visit South Pacific Tourism Website
Images credits for south pacific
fiji by sundstrom
rarotonga by teine savaii
tonga by david broad
all courtesy of wikimedia commons
From South Pacific Islands go to Cook Islands
Go to Tuchman Travel Guide Home Page
Copyright Tuchman Travel Guide 2012 - 2018
Site Map About Us Share your Story Blog Contact Us Disclaimer