We are going to prepare our Spanish Holidays by looking into the most important cities and regions with its respective attractions.
Spain competes with neighboring France for the First Place in Tourism arrivals. The last numbers showed that France is ahead by a few millions.
La Puerta de Alcala welcomes you to Madrid Spain
Spain offers its Best to the Visitors
Few countries in the world offer so much as Spain. The beaches, the historical monuments, the food; all these have made Spain to be a preferred site for a nice family or couple vacation anytime during the year.
I have been going to Spain for forty years and have seen the country develop from the times of Franco to today. For us in particular, the Spanish language is our mother tongue. We enjoy Spain more and more every time.
Please visit our pages on:
The Alcazar in Seville with Christian and Moorish Architecture
• Alcazar in Seville is a medieval Islamic palace with a mixture of Christian and Moorish architecture.
• Mezquita de Cordoba was a Visigoth Church replaced by a Mosque by the Moors on their conquest.
• The Alhambra Granada is one of the most enchanting and beautiful in Spain.
• La Carihuela in Torremolinos - This is a fishing village, to spend a relaxing day on the beach
• Museo del Vidrio y Cristal de Malaga – The Museum of Glass and Crystal in Malaga
• La Catedral de Sevilla – The Seville Cathedral dates back to the 15th Century
• Science Park - Parque de las Ciencias is science museum in Granada
• Casa de la Memoria de Al-Andalus, Seville
• Visit Marbella on Costa del Sol
• Mirador de San Nicolas in Granada – Located on one of the highest points of the area
• Bioparc Fuengirola – This the zoo of Fuengirola
• Giralda Tower in Seville – Built as a minaret was later converted into a Bell Tower.
• Plaza de España in Seville – It has been totally renovated.
It is worth a visit even if you were there before.
• Casa de Sefarad in Cordoba – This place keeps the history of the Jews of Spain alive.
Sefarad means Spain in Hebrew.
Please visit our pages on
Eglesia de Santa Maria del Mar is the Cathedral of the Sea in Barcelona
• Palau de la Musica Catalana – Barcelona Palace of Catalan Music can be visited by reservation only.
• Guell Park - Parc Guell offers both an inside on Gaudi Architecture and a great view of the city
• Casa Batllo – The Architecture of Gaudi at its best.
• Church of the Sacred Family – El Templo Expiatorio de la Sagrada Familia attracts hundreds of visitors a day.
• Mercat de la Boqueria – Looking for great Fresh Fruit, this is the place to be.
• Nou Camp – This is one of the biggest stadiums of the world.
• La Pedrera - Mila House or Casa Mila is a specialty museum
• El Tablao de Carmen – Is a Flamenco Theater in honor to famous Singer Carmen Amaya.
• Barcelona Architecture Walks – This is a must if you want to explore the city of Barcelona and its buildings
• Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya – This is an art museum with pieces from the medieval age to the 19th century.
• Eglesia de Santa Maria del Mar – If you read the book “La Catedral del Mar” by Ildefonso Falcones, this is it. I enjoyed the book tremendously.
Please visit our page on Barcelona Beaches
The Royal Palace or Palacio Real near the Plaza de Oriente in Madrid
In Spain they say “De Madrid al Cielo” meaning from Madrid to the sky. I totally agree. There is no other city like Madrid
• Parque del Retiro - Retiro Park – Peaceful parks with a lake in the middle, located in the center of Madrid.
• Museo del Prado – It has one of the largest collections in the world mainly Velazquez, Goya and El Greco.
• Estadio Santiago Bernabeu - Bernabeu Stadium is an important sport complex in Madrid
• Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum – It is a fantastic exhibition of art of the private collection of this family.
• Royal Palace of Madrid – Palacio Real is a luxurious rococo building with over 2,000 decorated rooms.
• Sorolla Museum – This is a smaller and lesser known museum with Spanish early 20th Century art.
• Museo del Aire – A military museum to discover many aircraft types.
• Museo Lazaro Galdiano - A Wonderful Museum, worth a visit.
• Plaza de Santa Ana – This is a scenic plaza lined with tapas bars and clubs
• Plaza Mayor – In the center of Madrid this main plaza is lined with cafes, restaurants and bars.
• Atocha Railroad Station - Estacion Atocha is a huge train station of several in Madrid.
• Parque Juan Carlos I – It is a huge and beautiful park in Madrid.
• Plaza De Toros – The most Spanish of Spanish attractions
San Sebastian in the north is one of the most beautiful Cities of Spain
North of Spain Attractions
Please visit our page on Costa Verde Beaches
For more information visit Spain Tourism Office
Copyright Tuchman Travel Guide 2012 - 2018